Wednesday 7 December 2011

A new project for the winter!





The latest project for the winter months is a Bianchi Road Bike. An E-bay find in good condition but listed as 1970's, but this model dates to early - mid 1980's. Still very nice and increasingly hard to find in 60cm size. Its only an entry level Bianchi but it is a Bianchi ( and in Celeste). It says made in Italy by F.I.V.E. on it, but not sure if that means it was assembled there or manufactured there. I'll have to research a bit.




I'll probably ride it in the summer months, to the pub and back, but it won't be used for any great distance, just to look at. I'll proabably also upgrade all the components as I have a spare campag record set which would look nice on this. All original components will be stored and put back on it if I decide at a later date to sell on.



The project is to fully restore from nuts and bolts up, a Bianchi Sprint 28C road bike. The bike is generally in good condition with all original parts except for the freewheel which I suspect at some point had been upgraded to a 6 speed shimano block....I'm not sure if this was originally a 10 or 12 speed?



Frame and paint in great condition so hopefully will turn out very nice! I may even splash out and Get it resprayed.

I will add photos and commentary of parts as and when done with final listing of bike sometime in the new year.










No comments:

Post a Comment